DAILY QUOTE

DAILY QUOTE

Chocolate is as good for you as exercise, according to research.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HAPPY 117th BIRTHDAY, MARTHA GRAHAM.

I LOVE DANCE.
(I think I do. I have still have a very long way to go. = P)
I am an artist somewhere, somehow. I don't know where and how, yet. But, I am.





 
Through her choreography, Martha began to push the art of dance to new limits. Her early dances were not well-received by audiences, as they were confused by what they were seeing on stage. Her performances were powerful and modern, and were often based on strong, precise movements and pelvic contractions. Martha believed that by incorporating spastic movements and falls, she could express emotional and spiritual themes. Her choreography overflowed with beauty and emotion. Martha was establishing a new language of dance, one that would change everything that came after it.

[I'm sorry. I am the cut-copy-past kind. But that obviously doesn't mean I don't read what I paste. ^.^)






There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and be lost, the world will not have it.
No artist is pleased…there is no satisfaction whatever at any time.
There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction; a blessed unrest that keeps us marching and makes us more alive than the rest.


- MARTHA GRAHAM (1894-1991)




PS. I know this is not related to fashion, but I couldn't help posting this. I have started to love dance and I believe I have started to realize that I am destined for just that.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment